Friday 2 September 2011

Early Mornings




Yesterday was a Hate day, so Today is a Love day... and today I Love, as ridiculous as it sounds, Early Mornings.



This morning, after waking up at half past 6 (which is extremely early for the likes of me, who have been stuck in holiday mode for the last 6 weeks) I read for about an hour, as I normally do, then, as hunger drove me out, I had breakfast. Soon, I had done my whole morning routine before the time I had usually woken up. Not only did this give me a sense of accomplishment, it gave me another 3 hours of my day to do what I want.

To me, mornings are the most productive time of day... I sit here with 2 enourmous piles of washing, that I am sure would have taken me an extra hour to complete during the day. They are the most peaceful, no one else in the house is awake, there are no cars driving past, just a lovely bit of quiet time when you can actually hear yourself think!

It's has always been a dream of mine to one day, wake my children up early, drive them down to the beach and watch the sun rise. But, as I don't have any children, and live in the South-west, that is unlikely to happen in the near future. Watching the sun rise (although I was far too late today) is a magical experience and definitely worth the effort.

Early Mornings, they may sound horrific but actually, they aren't that bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment